cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkpatel78 New Member

Re: The Bookmark feature will reset the report filter on PBI Service

In the Limitations, there lists "If you add a visual on a report page after creating a bookmark, the visual will be displayed in its default state. This also means that if you introduce a slicer into a page where you previously created bookmarks, the slicer will behave in its default state." Actually, you are allowed to change the settings to keep the filters applied when you use bookmarks. I learn this from the 2018 Jan Updates of Bookmark. (http://microsoft-bitools.blogspot.com/2018/01/power-bi-bookmarking-feature-update.html). Simply right-click the bookmark and uncheck 'data' category, you will get the report/page level filters kept when you jump between bookmarks.
In my case, I create two slicers and a 'Search' button on the 'Search' bookmark. The slicers are applied to the report-level. The button directs to the 'Result' bookmark with the two slicers, a table showing search results and a 'Return' button back to the first bookmark. By default, the 'data' category is checked in the 'Result' bookmark, which means each time I click on the 'Search' button, the filters get reset and the search results are gone, not what I want. So I uncheck 'data' category of 'Result' bookmark. The slicers are kept and results are filtered. EASY! I keep the 'data' category of 'Search' bookmark checked so each time I click 'return' button, it goes back to the 'Search' bookmark and clear the slicers. EASY!

Highlighted
MarvinGallo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: The Bookmark feature will reset the report filter on PBI Service

@vkpatel78 thanks for your post... this totally saved my report!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 1,694 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: