Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lale24
Advocate II
Advocate II

Text value TRUE/FALSE shows differently in PowerBI Service

Hi, 

Column values in the text column are "TRUE" and "FALSE". They are used in measure A as a filter [Status]="TRUE".

Everything is working fine on the PowerBI desktop.

When solution is published in PowerBI Service, KPI with measure A is not showing correct values, it shows 0 as default.

I see that column [Status] in PowerBI service has different values "0" and "-1".

Does anyone know why the values of the column have been changed?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lale24 

How do you view the [Status] column in Power BI Service? Can you show some screenshot about this problem? 

In my test, I create a Text type column with TRUE/FALSE values, and publish the .pbix into the service. I put the column in a table visual. Values are displayed well both in Desktop and Service. The values are not changed.

033103.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure what's going on there. My recomendation would be to convert the column to True/False type. There is a type for that. The column icon should change for a check and X icon.

Once you have the column type changed like that you can write the measure like this:

Measure = ....... [Status] = TRUE()

I think that way should change in Service.

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors