Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cpb

Text Visual gives formats data differently in different browsers

I am using the text custom visual to create a custom column heading.  So the Category is a measure that has the text I want as the column heading. However, whilst this works fine with the Power BI Desktop or in Chrome but in Internet Explorer 11 it adds a blank line at the top of the visual before the text starts. This matters when this is a column heading as the text has to appear exactly above the column and must be in the same place whatever the browser being used is.

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cpb,

Did you mean the Long Text Viewer visual displays differently in IE browser? Based on my test, it works fine in IE. Would you please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue? If possible, you can share images to clarify the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Below are three screen captures using the Long Text Visual. 

The visual contains a measure that returns a single date. The visuals were created and not modified in any way other than adding the measure. The first two are in Chrome and in the Desktop and the text appears at the very top of the visual. The third is in IE11 (and the same result is returned with Edge) where there is an additional top margin of about 1 line (the same is true if it si justified to the bottom).

Since I  want to use the visual to present a dynamic column heading on a table the precise positioning of the text is essential - at least that it is always in the same place however whichever supported browser the user is using.

ChromeChromePower BI Desktop.PNGInternet Explorer 11.PNG

Hi @cpb,

My test results is a little different from yours. The text displays in the Long Text visual move down slightly both in IE and Edge.

DesktopDesktopEdgeEdgeIEIE

In my opinion, the issue should be related to the custom visual itself. I would suggest you contact the author of the Long Text Viewer by sending email to wallingsoft@live.com.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @cpb,

Do you mean custom visuals that come from here:  https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

or do you mean one of the visuals that comes with Power BI?

Here are 2 articles that may help:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-visualization-types-for-reports-an...

Let us know if you have more questions,

Michele

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors