Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Testing Roles doesnt work

Greeting all , 

today when i tried to test one of my role in Power BI service it doesnt works anymore , when i click the testing role it took me to the report i cant add the mail of the user to test with it ? that feature is gone in the new update ? 

it used to works like days ago . 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Please refer to the Awareness section in the Support Page

Power BI customers testing RLS feature may not be able to see the banner indicating "Now viewing as:" while selecting a role to test. RLS is still applied as expected. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 03/02/2020.

Community Support Team _ Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Please refer to the Awareness section in the Support Page

Power BI customers testing RLS feature may not be able to see the banner indicating "Now viewing as:" while selecting a role to test. RLS is still applied as expected. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 03/02/2020.

Community Support Team _ Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

it doesn't work for me too.

@Greg_Deckler in the PowerBI service in the dataset you can do a right click ----> go to security --> and inside security rick click in the 3 points of the RoleSecurity and click "Test as a role" when I did that some days ago the powerbi services go to the report automatically with a blue bar on top where you can change and try your RLS

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

OK, I'm with you. I click on Test as role and it switches to my report and I am indeed in that role although I see nothing to indicate that.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Where/how are you testing roles in the Service?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors