Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Alberto502
Regular Visitor

Test as role not working in Power BIservice

Hi,

When I try to  'test as role', whatever emailadress I select it just doesn't stick. The apply button is also disabled. 

I know this is failling since last week and this CRI 61244912 was created, but no one gave an update on this.

Please provide a resolution or ETA on this.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Has been solved since new update!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tadder
Helper II
Helper II

I had this problem the other day.  I opened the site in Internet Explorer, then closed out of Chrome and reopened it in Chrome and it started working again.  not sure what caused it, but that seemed to fix it for me.

Hi Tadder,

Unfortunatly it doesn't work. I always work from Chrome. I've tried to do it your way, logging in via IE, closing the site and reopening via Chrome but no result.

Glad it worked for you though!

Has been solved since new update!

Langejans
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Until last week (update) I had no problem with this feature. There have been no changes made in my authorisation. 

Please look into this.

Thanks Alies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greeting i have the same issue now , u was able to fix it ! 

it used to work like days ago .

Best regards 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Alberto502,

'Test as role' option not works for dataset owner and admin(who has edit permission), please use other permission accounts to test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors