Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Test RLS in Power BI services - error

When I test RLS from PBI services. See picture below, it fails when I test with a special user. It should then be juha04@xxxxxxxxx.no but change to my e-mail address. It does not happen with the other test users. What happens to someone who has an idea?

GeirEBerge_1-1674731376381.png

GeirEBerge_0-1674731251490.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

the test role on power bi service doesnt change your user, it only changes your role behavior to that role parameters set on RLS, for testing as a specific user you need to do the test on power bi desktop that have the option to specify witch user you want to test as. on service wont let you test by specific user but as a role as a whole. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you see my question is that related to power bi service/portal. Yes I can test from Client if the report and modell is in same solution. But my solution is based on a composit modell then is not possible. My problem was i dev then with one user it chang back to my user, but not with other testuser. But in test it works. I dont understand what is wrong her. Your answer is not that i want, but i can accept the solution so we can close it.. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

the test role on power bi service doesnt change your user, it only changes your role behavior to that role parameters set on RLS, for testing as a specific user you need to do the test on power bi desktop that have the option to specify witch user you want to test as. on service wont let you test by specific user but as a role as a whole. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you see my question is that related to power bi service/portal. Yes I can test from Client if the report and modell is in same solution. But my solution is based on a composit modell then is not possible. My problem was i dev then with one user it chang back to my user, but not with other testuser. But in test it works. I dont understand what is wrong her. Your answer is not that i want, but i can accept the solution so we can close it.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seem thatyou dont have understand my question. Of course I test in client, but when I have a composit modell it is not possible to do that 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors