Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Teams power bi dashboard not updating

I have a Power Bi dashboard that I am owner of as well as a MS Team. The pbi dashboard is refreshed in desktop and published to web. Everything appears updated as it should in pbi online. I have also created a tab in my MS Team with the power bi dashboard, however it appears with the previous weeks data update and has not updated with the most recent refresh that occurred last Thursday. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Maggie. We discovered the issue was not connecting to the correct Workspace. I was connecting to "My Workspace" and then selecting the dashboard, but instead needed to connect directly to the dashboard group in the Workspace drop down and then select dashboard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Joel_Clark
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had a user with this issue - the advice to log out of the teams App and then log back in worked for them 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

First, please check if you have a power bi pro account.

Second, as tested, Power BI report in Teams doesn't refresh itself until i click on "refresh" button.

If tips above doesn't help, please try the following:

If you are using Teams on Web, maybe reports are cached in your web browser.

To dump the cache, you either have to click on 'Refresh', close out the tab and go back into the tab, or close out the browser entirely and go back into the tab.

If you are using Teams on App,

Please log out of Teams completely and log back in, Teams then refresh the PowerBI tab on its own on first open. 

If the problem still ocurrs, please report this issue in Power BI Issue Forums.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Maggie. We discovered the issue was not connecting to the correct Workspace. I was connecting to "My Workspace" and then selecting the dashboard, but instead needed to connect directly to the dashboard group in the Workspace drop down and then select dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors