Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

Team App - Permissions?

I've created reports and added them to our Team workspace. The workspace was created by default when creating our MS Team. I've published the app but users who are part of the team cannot access the app in Power BI and I'm unable to assign the MS Team in the permissions section when publishing. No teams are available when I type them in although they are available for other workspaces not based on a MS Team. 

How do I easily grant everyone in the team access to the app? I want them all going through the Power BI service to view the report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you first ensure that the Workspace is using the V2/Modern App Workspace?

Once that is done see if you can assign the group name you create in teams to the App?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you first ensure that the Workspace is using the V2/Modern App Workspace?

Once that is done see if you can assign the group name you create in teams to the App?

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ Thank you! I wasn't seeing an option initially for this but then realized I wasn't an owner of the Team. I added myself as an owner and then saw the option to upgrade the workspace. After doing so, I was able to add the team in the permissions section.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors