Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aks-1
Frequent Visitor

Tabular Model: I am trying to create a Measure or Calculated column that holds the selected Period

Hi,

I am looking for help in Tabular Model as the requirement is to design the Measure or Calculated column that will hold the selected year and month which can then be used to calculate the cumulative count for following year losses to get the loss traingle.

I have a FromDate and AsofDate 

Dates.PNG

When I make a selection on the FromDate ,my report should start from that month qtr and calculate cummulative losses as of that Period .

I am trying the formula something like this but not getting the desired result .

= var mndt = MONTH([Minimum date])
var qrtdt = ROUNDUP( MONTH([Minimum date])/3 , 0)
var yrdt = YEAR([Minimum date])
return
if ( Acctng_Period[Year]>= Acctng_Period[minyear] && Acctng_Period[Quarter] >= FORMAT( ROUNDUP( MONTH([Minimum date])/3 , 0),"0") ,
MONTH([Minimum date])+
(Acctng_Period[Quarter]- ROUNDUP( MONTH([Minimum date])/3 , 0)* 3 )+
Acctng_Period[Year] - YEAR([Minimum date])* 12
mndt + ( Acctng_Period[Quarter] - qrtdt ) * 3 + ( Acctng_Period[Year] - yrdt) * 12
, 0)

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aks-1 ,

You can get cumulative value in the range of slicer using DAX below.

Measure1=
Var FromDate = CALCULATE(MIN(Slicer[Date]),ALLSELECTED(Slicer[Date]))
Var ToDate = CALCULATE(MAX(Slicer[Date]),ALLSELECTED(Slicer[Date]))
Return
CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[sales]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Date]>=FromDate &&Table1[Date]<=ToDate))

If I misunderstood it, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Aks-1
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xicai ,

That didn't work.What I am tyring is to calculate a Measure that holds Inception to date, losses depending on selected selected attribute, in my case it is Loss year.

This should do the trick but does consider the loss year.

VAR MaxDate = MAX (DimDate[Date] )
RETURN
if( ISBLANK( CALCULATE (
SUM(LossTriangle_POC[WINS_Medical_Paid]),
DimDate[Date]<= MaxDate,
ALL ( DimDate[Date])
)) , 0 , CALCULATE (
SUM(LossTriangle_POC[WINS_Medical_Paid]),
DimDate[Date]<= MaxDate,
ALL ( DimDate) ))

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Aks-1
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xicai ,

I have  the listed following filters

The intention here is to pass the Loss year value to the measure which calculates the total based on month and year to  derive the respective Quarter.

Dates.PNG

= IF( IF(VALUE(LEFT(LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period],4))>= 2017 && VALUE(LEFT( LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period],4)) <= VALUE(LEFT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD],4)) , VALUE(RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD],2)) + ( ROUNDUP(VALUE( RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period] ,2)/3),0) - ROUNDUP( VALUE(RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD] ,2)/3),0)) * 3 + (VALUE(LEFT(LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period],4)) - 2017 ) * 12 ,0) >= VALUE(RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD],2)) , IF(VALUE(LEFT(LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period],4))>= 2017 && VALUE(LEFT( LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period],4)) <= VALUE(LEFT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD],4)) , VALUE(RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD],2)) + ( ROUNDUP(VALUE( RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period] ,2)/3),0) - ROUNDUP( VALUE(RIGHT(LossTriangle_POC[EVAULATIONPERIOD] ,2)/3),0)) * 3 + (VALUE(LEFT(LossTriangle_POC[ACCTG_Period],4)) - 2017 ) * 12 ,0) , 0 )

The Sample data should be something like this:

Rpt.PNG

Thank you so much for the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors