Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cthurston
Advocate II
Advocate II

Table data not showing in Power BI Service

I have a summarized table in BI which shows in Desktop just fine, when I publish the dataset the data dosen't load.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved this issue by doing a complete unpublished and delete. Then reloading datasets and reports into the service

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cthurston
Advocate II
Advocate II

Maybe I was unclear, here is the same published dataset and notice it is blank, no filters.  The other tables are working fine, it is only this specific table.  This data has the same Database and credentails as the other tables  and views.  

Capture 2.PNG

I solved this issue by doing a complete unpublished and delete. Then reloading datasets and reports into the service

Bleh. That isn't a good solution really. When you pin visuals from a Power BI report to a dashboard, set alerts, and Flows, deleting and readding trashes all of that.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

@edhans wrote:

Bleh. That isn't a good solution really. When you pin visuals from a Power BI report to a dashboard, set alerts, and Flows, deleting and readding trashes all of that.

Same problem. I agree that deleting and republishing is not a good solution. I would take this step even at the cost of having to repin to dashboards but cannot as I have shared my report with many users who are reliant on the data and able to see the report just fine. The issue, in my case, affects only my ability to view the data in the summarized table (spin wheel forever loops).

Anonymous
Not applicable

The table itself if not a visable item. You need to create a visualization with it (Which can be a table) and then publish for it for it to show up on the service.

Power Bi Instruction

Start there. It will explain how visualizations work. 

edhans
Super User
Super User

What do you mean doesn't load. It looks like there is data in that table. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors