Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swt
Frequent Visitor

Table Visualization Row Limit?

I have a report with a table visualization that displays ~57,000 rows of details and is sorted by transaction date in descending order. Everything works as expected in Power BI Desktop.

After publishing the report to the Power BI Service, I noticed many rows are missing from the table. Generally, there are tens to hundreds of transactions per day, and the transaction date column that's sorted on clearly has large gaps. For example, upon opening the report, I expect to see many rows with a transaction date of yesterday, but the sixth row I see is from February (It's sorted correctly, but is missing a lot of data).

If I export the data from the table visualization on the service, there are 41,572 rows in the Excel file.

When I use a slicer to filter the table to transactions in the current month, I then see all the rows I expected to see at the beginning of the table that were missing.

As a test, I added a total row to the table to show the count of the primary key. Interestingly, the transactions from yesterday were shown at to the top, unlike in the previous version. The count was 41,511, still well short of the ~57,000 in the dataset.

Is there a row limit for the table visualization on the Power BI Service?

The report was developed in Power BI Desktop's April 2019 version, and DirectQuery mode is used. The data comes from a SQL Server database, accessed by the service through a data gateway.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would check to see that the query going back to the SQL Server Source is correct.

I also recall that there is a limit I think of 100 000 rows that can be exported.

If you have got slicers on your page this too could be affecting your results in your table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors