Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seabrew
Helper II
Helper II

Table Preview Text Not Showing up in Power BI App

Starting today for all of the reports I publish using the table preview, the column/row text is not visable, however the grand total text is visable. If I switch the table back to the "non-preview" version, the text appears. I tried in multiple browsers. Also, I do see the Alt Text / tooltip when I hover over the missing row. 

Can anyone reproduce this?

table preview.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @seabrew,

As we cannot reproduce the same issue on out environment, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

I found the reason I was having this issue and I have to say I am a bit embarassed. Shortly before I posted this question, I had created a custom JSON theme and had #FFFFFF (i.e. white) set as the foreground and tableAccent colors.

So what was really happening is that the default font color in the matrix/table was set to white against a white background

Hopefully someone else who makes these same mistake comes across this post before they start pulling their hair out!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I tried it on one of my reports with a table preview and I can see all the data in the tables fine.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Do you have the newest build of Power BI Desktop? I was prompted to update today. I had June 2017 already, but went from version 2.47.4766.542 to 2.47.4766.801. I wonder if the desktop build is the issue. 

I confirmed that this problem is limited to a single pbix report and pages. I can not reproduce the issue in a new pbix file. Does anyone know what to do if a PBIX file is corrupted like this? The problem persists even in new pages. 

Can I fix it? I would hate to have to rebuild the data model again!

The latest Power BI Desktop version appears to have caused some problems with the way exising tables are processed in Service - similar issue here http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Style-quot-Matrix-Preview-quot-visuals-is-changed-by-PBI-Ser... - in my case I immediately noticed the formatting had changed in Service, and when trying to edit, the visual has been converted from the table preview to a matrix

I noticed the same thing mentioned in your link when I added a table. In Desktop the rows did not alternate in colors, yet in the service they were alternating row. I fixed this by toggling a different table style, then going back to None, and republishing. 

I ended up repurposing the "corrupted" .pbix and using it only as shared data model. I needed to make the switch to having the data model exist separately anyways. New .pbix files using the PowerBI Service connect are displaying the table preview correctly. 

I hope MSFT gets this fixed soon!

Hi @seabrew,

As we cannot reproduce the same issue on out environment, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

I found the reason I was having this issue and I have to say I am a bit embarassed. Shortly before I posted this question, I had created a custom JSON theme and had #FFFFFF (i.e. white) set as the foreground and tableAccent colors.

So what was really happening is that the default font color in the matrix/table was set to white against a white background

Hopefully someone else who makes these same mistake comes across this post before they start pulling their hair out!

Ok, thank you! I'll do that. 

Ok, thank you! I'll do that. 

I confirmed that this problem is limited to my pbix report and pages. Does anyone know what to do if a PBIX file is corrupted like this? The problem persists even in new pages. 

Can I fix it? I would hate to have to rebuild the data model again!

Ok, thanks for checking. Weird. Hopefully it resolves itself for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors