Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbang
Frequent Visitor

TOOLTIP doesn't change on table

Good day everyone, 

I have a problem respect to tooltip in POWER BI. 

Tooltip is supposed to change according to row of the table that I hover over. 

However, in my case it doesn't work well as much as it's supposed to be. 

In other words, tooltip in my POWER BI shows exactly same info even though I hover over another row on the table. My tooltip is not being filtered by what my mouse is hovering over. 

These are what I already have tried: 

- Syncronize two excels that I am using 

- Turn on the option: keep all filters on the page of report

- I add the column which is associate with the column of report, to the part of Keep all filters on the page of tooltip 

Is there anyone who has a same problem and already solved it? 

Please give me any advice so that I can resolve this problem.

Thank you so much.

Have a nice day! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbang ,

if you have created a table(Calculated) and if that table is not joined with the dimension you want to filter. The table is as good as static content.

Any table created using some calculations will not take slicer/filter values. They have to be joined back with filter/dimension tables to do so.

Hope steps are correct.

Create report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 

First of all, I really appreciate your response and help! 

The problem is that there is no calculation field in my table. 

And now it turned out that: yes, the tooltip is changing but in a wrong way. Displays incorrectly filtered tooltip

It means, that I can see differenct tooltip per table row, however, they are not associated well. 

Let me explain my situation:

I have two differenct Excel documents (A and B) and they have multiple columns with the same table header. And the contents of the cells in those columns are exactly the same. 

So what I did in PBI was to synchronize two documents with 3 columns of the same table header. 

And the table (using document A) that needs to show corresponding tooltip (using document B) depending on one of those synchronized columns. 

And now what I am facing right now is that the tooltip doesn't match the filter in the table.. 

I hope that I have explained the matter clearly..

I appreciate your attention and support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors