Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dbadmin
Helper IV
Helper IV

Synoptic Panel by SQLBI isn't displaying in Power BI service - other custom visuals are?

I posted a question about custom visuals not displaying before Power BI released information that they have indeed enabled custom visuals to be displayed in the dashboards - that happened today actually. 

I have other custom visuals that display wonderfully, but synoptic panel one isn't - I enable it and all it shows is a blank chart. Any ideas as to what would cause this? 

What really doesn't make sense - is when I first created the synoptic chart it DID display in the report view in the Power BI service and now it doesn't for whatever reason.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 🙂 Thanks!

P.S. It displays in the Desktop but not in the service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, and using the feedback menu in PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ischaq
Frequent Visitor

I encounter the same issues, I have downloaded the latest version. it is work on my desktop but not on my PBIS. both are the same pbix

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, and using the feedback menu in PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

@greggyb

Thank you so much for the tip. Will do. I forgot about that little feedback feature. 

Thanks! 🙂 

I encounter the same issue. Can not display Synoptic panel in report. It shows only blank space.

@mstefancik

I had to download the updated version of the synoptic panel -

Go to this site: http://synoptic.design/ 

In the top right hand corner you'll see "Get the Latest Version" 

Download it and it "should" work fine. If it's the same issue as mine - then this should work for you as well. 🙂 

Let me know! 

I did the same. I have already downloaded new version of Panel today, but issue persists.

@mstefancik 

I would try doing what @greggyb suggested and send in a frown in the desktop. Is it displaying in the Desktop and not in the Power BI service or just the Desktop? 

When support replied back to me they told me to download the newest version and then get back with them if it didn't work. I'd send a "frown" report in first and see what they say. 

Desktop works fine. Issue appears after publishing to service.

@mstefancik can you send me the .pbix or the svg image and a small dataset file? We are encountering some problems these days 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I had the same issue today.

It seems that Synoptic updated the custom visual just today: I downloaded it and imported it into my pbix, overwriting the previous version. Then I reimported the pbix into Power BI Service, again overwriting the previous version (not from Power BI Desktop, but from the website).

And boom! It worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors