Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karrod
Frequent Visitor

Symmetry shading disabled in Power BI Service

Hi,

I have a visual with Symmetry shading enabled in scatter chart which is working in Desktop, but not in Power BI Service. Any suggestions how to solve this? 

I use numerical values on both axes. The axes are not categorical or logarithmic, which is the only warning displayed in Power BI service. 

Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
apohl1
Helper I
Helper I

Is anyone aware of a workaround? Instead of symmetry shading, is it possible to add a line or something?

karrod
Frequent Visitor

After some time the symmetry shading now appears again in my report in Power BI Service, so to me the issue seems to be resolved. 

I now downloaded the latest updated version and it seems like problem is resolved. Amazing news! Thanks!! 🙂

Bvalentine
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, shows in Desktop but not in Service.

Is anyone aware of a workaround? Instead of symmetry shading, is it possible to add a line or something? 

pmurz2
Regular Visitor

I am seeing the same thing (Symmetry Shading not available on scatter plots)  as of recently May/June 2022.   I hope that Microsoft fixes soon!

thod
Helper I
Helper I

We are experiencing the same issue. The scatter plot visual with symmetry shading worked fine untill recently. We have not changed anything. X and Y axis are numerical positive numbers.

gquaiotti
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here: 

• The charts works fine on Desktop;
  • The error message appears only on service: Symmetry shading doesnt work on visuals with categorical or log axis;
  • X and Y axes are not categorical or logarithmic;
  • X and Y are measures of continuous and positive numbers;

POWER BI DESKTOP

power_bi_desktop.png

POWER BI SERVICE

power_bi_service.png

POWER BI SERVICE ERROR

power_bi_service_error_message.png

SrocheElk

I am noticing the same issue, a report that has not been republished no longer shows Symmetry shading. Opening in Desktop shows the same issue unfortunately. i am using numerical axis fields and do not see any reason they would be identified as categorical. Any suggestions for solutions?

kentongray

We're seeing the same issue, we had multiple reports that were published for months without change, and now no longer show  the shading. When looking at them via PowerBI service they display the below message even though they are not  categorical or logarithmic. Viewing them in PowerBI Desktop looks correct

kentongray_0-1654036148766.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors