Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mliljenberg
Frequent Visitor

Support for Power BI

We are a partner that resells and configures Power BI for customers. Love the product but runs in to very frustrating problems and there seems to be nowhere to go for support really...

We have configured several data sets in Power Bi for desktop, they all work perfectly using the desktop product, refresh and everything works fine. We are using Dynamics CRM, Azure SQL and Excel as datasources, some datasets only have online refresh and some needs to have a gateway. The big problem is that they all fail manual and automatic refresh once uploaded to powerbi.com. Different errors, like not updating path for Excel files, complaining user aborted operation, we have tried from Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 with the gateway, credentials works when configured but next time you go in to the dataset again they are gone.

Just a big pile of problems and really no where to go for support that we are aware of, the error codes are cryptic with no option really to troubleshoot, does anyone know if there will be a proper support for PowerBI? I/E telephone, paid etc? We are really stuck with a couple of customer implementations and no where to turn....

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda
Employee
Employee

You can see the support options available for Power BI here. The first line of support is this community, but failing that, you can contact us for help.

Thanks Amanda,

I will keep on trying using those avenues. Do you know if there are other support options planned? I paid support plans? Partner support etc?

@mliljenberg

This information was just posted today by @GuyInACube, sounds like it may help.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/powerbisupport/archive/2015/08/13/how-to-create-a-service-request-to-cont...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors