cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WWL_Dave

Support Catch 22

I’m on a trial version, liking what I see so far with respect to Xero dataset capability, but I keep getting a dataset refresh error. I’m of course reluctant to become a full subscriber if this is likely to recur.

However, I can't find out how to get support unless I am a subscriber.

Catch 22.

An extract from the error shows "Message: oauth_problem=token_rejected&oauth_problem_advice".

Any feedback welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WWL_Dave ,

I can connect to my own xero template app on power bi service side.

13.png
According to your error messages, it seems like power bi can't pass the authorization. I think this should more related to your credentials, please double check on xero side to confirm it works.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Xiaoxin Sheng,

I am currently experiencing the same problem as the original poster. My user permission in Xero is Advisor and my two-step authentication is active.

Can you please elaborate on how to "double check on xero side to confirm it works."

Specifically, my error message reads:

oauth_problem=token_rejected&oauth_problem_advice=Token%20KQBVTRHKGVJSQIPVW54URELLPUKYVJ%20does%20not%20match%20an%20expected%20ACCESS%20token Table: Alerts.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors