Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

'Summarized Data' option acting crazy - is this a new feature?

Hi everyone,

Exporting a table from a report using 'Summarized Data' resulted, until yesterday, in a beautiful pivot table.

However, I now get an additional 'Enable Content' button at the top and, what's worse, the columns:

- Are NOT exported in the order shown on the screen

- Have the FULL name (Table [Column]) as opposed to the name being displayed.

This is so bad.

What's going on?

Thanks,

Alice

11 REPLIES 11
m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

This is exactly what is going on. You can somewhat control it with permissions (requires build permissions on the dataset). Or you can turn off globally in tenant settings for connecting direct to dataserts. A bit drastic and likely no what you want. Shame, that MS introduced this feature with this being the default selected option, it's thrown several of our heavy exporting users as well. 

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I really need to see how to fix this; the heavy exporters are not happy with it.

You can remove build permsssions or use the tenant settings. Its outlined in the article. Good luck!

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have this for the workspace, and I can still see that option. I don't understand how to make it go away...

AliceW_0-1674811962065.png

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Do I have to do this for all users? For all datasets?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-datasets-manage-access-permissions#m...

AliceW_0-1674818020731.png

Update: actually TRIED THIS and that 'live connection' option is STILL THERE for one Viewer, and gone for another with the same access rights.

What's happening, people? 😞

@AliceW 

I'll try and play with this and what works and get to you.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you! It's so confusing for everyone.

You will either need to remove build permission on the datasets for your consumers, or have them select the ".xlsx (Excel 150,000-row  max)" option for the file format, when exporting the summarized data.  Wish they would have left the old default as the new default as this could be confusing for the non-power users.

blopez11_0-1674830224800.png

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

But I tried removing the build permission and it only works for some users, even if all are set as Viewers without anything extra...

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

On my reading list for tomorrow... ;(

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors