Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GerlofVisser
Helper I
Helper I

SumX and Visual "has exceeded available resources"

Hello again,

I have an issue with the visuals after an update of my dataset.

In the old situation I had one table([COST_INT_CTR_DETAIL]) with an interest percentage for each asset and another table([FLOW_DATA_VALUE]) with a daily value (gross sales). To correct for our interest I used the following measure.

net Share Gas Nm3 = CALCULATE(sumx( cost_int_ctr_detail, 
cost_int_ctr_detail[_Percentage]*[Gross Sales Gas Nm3]),
Facility_Lookup[Facility_ID])

Where 
[Gross Sales Gas Nm3] = CALCULATE(SUM(flow_data_value[_Gas_Sales_Nm3]), flowID_Lookup[_Gas Sales Daily Data]=1)

(The columns with an "_" are calculated columns created by me for some filtering) 

Then after conversion to boe (multiply with 0.0062897) and add Net share oil (this measure uses a similar logic), I show a cumulative graph of this measure using the following measure:

Net Cumulative Sales = CALCULATE(
[Total Net share Sales boe],DATESYTD(Rolling_Calendar[Date]))

In the new set-up the daily production values also have an interest percentage in the same table([FLOW_DATA_VALUE]).

So the new measure looks as follows

Net Share Gas Nm3 = sumx(flow_data_value,
[Actual Interest Gas Export]*[Gross Sales Gas Nm3])

Where:
Actual Interest Gas Export = divide(CALCULATE(sum(flow_data_value[Production_Interest]),flowID_Lookup[_Gas Export Daily Data]=1),100)
And:
Gross Sales Gas Nm3 = CALCULATE(SUM(flow_data_value[_New_Gas_Sales_Nm3]), flowID_Lookup[_Gas Export Daily Data]=1)

Then (again) after conversion to boe (multiply with 0.0062897) and add Net share oil (this measure uses a similar logic), I show a cumulative graph of this measure using the same measure as above;

Net Cumulative Sales = CALCULATE([Total Net share Sales boe],DATESYTD(Rolling_Calendar[Date]))

When working in Desktop, all looks fine and works, but when publishing to Power BI service I get the following error:

"This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details."

After researching the forum and the internet, I've tried to solution to show fewer datapoints and it works if I show my data until August 1st or select less assets, but this is not the required solution as I want to show the entire year of data.
Another solution was to rewrite the measures and using variables, but this didn't help me so far.

Any ideas are highly welcome as it's quite a cumbersome trial and error process as you don't see the error after you've published it.

Thanks in advance!

Gerlof

EDIT:
As the report needs to function for my users, I have decided to publish the old measures again, but now I get the same error message. 
EDIT2:
I didn't fully set the measures back, so now it's working again.
Would it help if I decrease the entire dataset? Or doesn't that affect this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GerlofVisser
Helper I
Helper I

After further searching, I have created calculated columns in the table where the additional information resides. This speeds up the calculation and the error doesn't exist anymore. Happy to elaborate on this, if anyone would like to know more.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GerlofVisser
Helper I
Helper I

After further searching, I have created calculated columns in the table where the additional information resides. This speeds up the calculation and the error doesn't exist anymore. Happy to elaborate on this, if anyone would like to know more.

DonalMc
Advocate II
Advocate II

My issue is resolved and I would say totally unrelated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors