Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suddenly showing (Blank) instead of blank

Hi,

Reports that appear correctly in PowerBI Desktop have started showing "(Blank)" instead of leaving the cell blank in PowerBI Service. Is this a bug that has got introduced in PowerBI Service?

There was a similar issue reported sometime in 2016. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Suddenly-showing-Blank-instead-of-blank/m-p/39522/highlight...

Is anyone else facing similar issue?

We are using AAS as our live data source.

TIA,

Ashish

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What visual do your report use? I create a table and matrix visualization in Power BI desktip(the version is 2.54.4970.961), it still works fine in Power BI service as follows.

visual  report in Power BI desktopvisual report in Power BI desktop  visual in Power BI servicevisual in Power BI service
For your scenario, please create a support ticket on the right-bottom of this page.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angelia,

I am facing the issue with Matrix visual and am using the latest version of Powerbi desktop application.

I have logged an issue @ http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/quot-Blank-quot-appears-in-PowerBI-Service-in-Matrix-control/....

This is impacting our production environment used by 400+ users, any prompt action on this would be appreciated

Hi @Anonymous,

You got answer from the issue forum here. As Qiuyun Yu  said, Please test again after this week to see if the issue is gone. 

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors