Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheKiltedGolfer
Helper III
Helper III

Suddenly lost an option for Publishing from Office 365

I suddenly lost an option, in Office 365 Power BI, to Publish a "view" link and I hope someone can explain how I can get this important option back.  In Office 365 Power BI under File > Publish to web I use to get the following pop-up box with the Embeded code "view" link.

image.png

However, today when I go to File > Publish to web I suddenly get the follwing pop-up box and have no idea how to get access to the preivous pop-up box with the "view" embedded code:

image.png

Can anyone assist me?  I have no idea what changed or how to get back to my previous option, which I need to do.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would appear that someone has potentially removed the Embed Code from the report.

And that is why it is prompting you to create a new Embed Code.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would appear that someone has potentially removed the Embed Code from the report.

And that is why it is prompting you to create a new Embed Code.

Power BI Blog

But how do I get that option back?  I have no idea what I did differently in my new reports to not have that option.  I created it on Desktop and then Published to Office 365.  If I follow the steps for the new pop-up box it seems like I will be publishing the report to the public, which I do not want.  Supplying the link to others in my company, with "view" in the url, allowed them to view the report without having to download desktop or Office 365.  Anyone have any other ideas on why I no longer have this option?

Hi there, are you referring to the option to Publish to Web?

Or if you want to share it with other users, you can use the Sharing options (But that will require a Power BI Pro License)

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors