Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Suddenly, Data Source Credentials for Sharepoint not working -

Hi, 

Sharepoint works fine when connecting from my local Power BI File. 

It had been working on the service too for the last ~5 weeks, but now I'm getting an error. 

Capture.JPG

When I go in to check the authentication for Sharepoint, it shows Anonymous for some reason

Capture 2.JPG

I'll go to sign in via the OAuth2 method - and it appears to work.  But right after "signing in" I'll check - and it's back to Anonymous. 

I also tried, under OAuth2, to "sign out & forget" and start from scratch. An odd thing, when getting to this step

Capture 3.JPG

The code will be rejected.  I can 'Sign in another way' - say use the text message version of our code, and it works fine.  Or seems to, but once finished, I'll check - and things are back to 'Anonymous'

We've been using 2-factor authentication for weeks, so it's odd it would have an issue now (if the 2-factor *is* the root issue). 

I did try renaming/reuploading my source file into a new dataset - that one exhibited the same issues.  

Thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmace1,

It sounds like a known issue power bi team already listed on support page, please take a look at following link if your scenario suitable for that description:

Power bi Support

Some customers that have more than 1,000 documents in a Sharepoint Document Library may experience issues refreshing reports when using Sharepoint Online as the data source. As a workaround, customers can refresh from Power BI desktop. Engineers will be deploying a fix starting 11/12 and expect it to be in all regions by end-of-day 11/17. Next update @ 11/16/18 at 5:00pm PST. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmace1,

It sounds like a known issue power bi team already listed on support page, please take a look at following link if your scenario suitable for that description:

Power bi Support

Some customers that have more than 1,000 documents in a Sharepoint Document Library may experience issues refreshing reports when using Sharepoint Online as the data source. As a workaround, customers can refresh from Power BI desktop. Engineers will be deploying a fix starting 11/12 and expect it to be in all regions by end-of-day 11/17. Next update @ 11/16/18 at 5:00pm PST. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Can you provide a more specific link to the solution?  I can't find anything on the PowerBI support page that you linked to that addresses this issue at all.  Is is possible this is related to two-factor authentication being enabled?

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

In my case - the issue 'fixed itself'. Or as the quote above says, Power BI engineers rolled out a fix, so a few daya later things started working again.

Did you have to start a support ticket, or did you just post it to the message board?  It definately looks like we are having the same issue that you were having, but maybe it is something different.  Do you still have 2 factor enabled?

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes still have 2 factor.

It turned out not to be an issue specific to us, but some more general issue with the service. No support ticket. They just already knew of the general issue and eventually fixed things on their end.

ie my posting here didn't help at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors