Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dismount

Subscriptions on Live Connection not working

Hi,

Our app subscription emails are not sending for dashboards and reports built on a live connection back to analysis services. The refresh scheduled for 7 AM even though this is a live connection. This is a multidimensional model running on a local analysis services server. We have a gateway configured to provide access to PowerBI.com. The workspace has Premium capacity enabled, and an app has been published for end users.

Multiple end users have tried subscribing to various dashboards and reports within the app, but emails are not sent from Microsoft Power BI. I do not believe this is an issue with spam filters, I have additional reports configured off a manual refresh on a SQL Server gateway connection and receive subscription emails without any issue.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dismount,

• For email subscriptions on live connection datasets, you will only get emails when the data changes. So, if a refresh occurs but no data changes, Power BI will not send you an email.

Please check more details about it under:

Subscribe to a Power BI report or dashboard

Please take a try to update the corresponding data, then refresh the dataset and check to see if the subscriptions could work.

Regards,

Michael

Hello @v-micsh-msft

The data is changing daily, subscriptions from reports in the workspace show that. I've even tried modifying the underlying model but still do not get emails from the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors