Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscription sent out daily, despite beeing set to weekly

Hello,

as the subject suggests, despite the weekly setting, all users in the subscription receive emails every day, hence I believe there is a bug. It results in users being spammed more often than necessary.

Also, with the weekly setting, how is it determined on which day of the week it's going to be sent out? I found 2 topics here, none of them has any satisfying answers or insight into the topic.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Weekly-subscription-what-day-is-it-sent/td-p/163799

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Weekly-Subscription-when/m-p/474162#M49545

Mind you, I'm ok with not being able to set the day, but daily emails are a problem.

weekly.pngThanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there.

SQL Server data source, import mode.

Yes, I'm familiar with the article, specifically with this for Import "If the refresh schedule is daily, options are daily and weekly. If the refresh schedule is weekly, only option is weekly."

That said, the article doesn't state which day of the week would the weekly refresh work on, and how does changing the subscription affect that.

I think I now understand the behavior by observing it - any modification to subscriptions resets the day of the week to be a current day of modification.
An email will be sent on the first refresh after subscription was set-up, and then repeat itself weekly. However, now it appears that reason it was sent was that I've modified the subscription between days 1 and 2, hence it got sent again on day 2. Today (day 3), no subscription email.

You can mark it as "Delivered", Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can share your feedback with author of the document

w3.PNG

Will close the thread as we discussed. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would still suggest to have this behaviour documented better, as there is quite a few questions regarding this topic on the forum.

Yes, please close it, thanks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It looks like you find the cause of the issue by yourself. 

Do you have any further question? If not, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there.

SQL Server data source, import mode.

Yes, I'm familiar with the article, specifically with this for Import "If the refresh schedule is daily, options are daily and weekly. If the refresh schedule is weekly, only option is weekly."

That said, the article doesn't state which day of the week would the weekly refresh work on, and how does changing the subscription affect that.

I think I now understand the behavior by observing it - any modification to subscriptions resets the day of the week to be a current day of modification.
An email will be sent on the first refresh after subscription was set-up, and then repeat itself weekly. However, now it appears that reason it was sent was that I've modified the subscription between days 1 and 2, hence it got sent again on day 2. Today (day 3), no subscription email.

You can mark it as "Delivered", Thanks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Which data source does the dataset get data from? Which connection mode do you use? 

Does the issue happen to this one specific report or other reports? 

In Power BI service, subscription emails are only sent when an underlying dataset is updated or refreshes depends on connection mode. You can refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-subscribe

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors