Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

unclejemima
Post Patron
Post Patron

Subscription sent at wrong time but timezone correct

I've got a scheduled refresh thats set to update data everynight at 10pm MST...but I got the reports sent to me a 6:00pm last night.

I have the scheduled refresh set at 10pm MST...so I'm not sure where else I can change this

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
unclejemima
Post Patron
Post Patron

Email sent at proper time tonight only the date stamp in the email was still wrong time zone

It was sent at 10pm MST but detail in subscription shows...

The image above was generated at 4/30/2017 4:08:56 AM UTC

Is anyone else having this happen with their subscriptions?

@unclejemima,

Currently, you will only get emails when the data changes when subscribe a report. So when setting schedule refresh for this report dataset, please select your local timezone, so that you data will refresh on proper time. And you can get the email on a proper time.

For the issue
The image above was generated at 4/30/2017 4:08:56 AM UTC
In Power BI services, your local will convert to UTC time. Currently, there is not such a option to change this time to your local time. You can add a local time to your report, please refer to the link below to see how to do it.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/changing-timezone-of-powerbi-service/td-p/153663

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I get it but I don't.

When viewing reports in Power BI I'm using NOW() function.  This displays my local timezone (MST) in the desktop application.

When I'm in the Web Service it will display the timezones as UTC.

Thats fine, so I can create a new column in called NOW(-6) to get to MST, no?  But when I'm looking at the report in desktop I'll get the wrong time as I'll put -6 from the local...but in the online it will show correct.

So I have to do right for one, wrong for the other?

Let me know

@unclejemima,

When viewing reports in Power BI I'm using NOW() function.  This displays my local timezone (MST) in the desktop application. When I'm in the Web Service it will display the timezones as UTC.

Currently, it's default behavior in current version of Power BI. So in your report, you'd better add two time, one is for local time, and another one is for UTC time.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Yes, but in the desktop version if I use NOW() it will display MST...then I rig a NOW+6 it will display UTC...then when I upload it the web version will show NOW() as UTC and the NOW+6 will show some other timezone what +12 from MST...

MST is -6 from UTC.

So.  I almost need 3 times on my report and depending on where it came from will still have one of them wrong.

I guess more importantly, what does the report running in Power BI online do with the other times?  Say I have a ODBC connection to a time field...will it change all those times as time +6 to get to UTC...so all the data is still relative.  Or will it increase the NOW time to UTC and leave the others local time zone?

Sorry just trying to figure out if this is just cosmetic or if it affects how the report displays if I have data with times in it.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors