Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscription sends unwanted png attachment

Hello to everyone,

Today I have a problem with subcsription. I left "Preview image" field unchecked in subscription settings. Despite this, when e-mail comes, it contains .png file. It is 1MB big and not needed, so I wonder how can I turn it off? I would like to recieve an e-mail alone, without any attatchment.

Best regards

Michał

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, your requirement could not be realized currently.

But this is at idea/feedback level alone. May be , hopes Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -Email Subscriptions - Add option to remove screenshot

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, your requirement could not be realized currently.

But this is at idea/feedback level alone. May be , hopes Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -Email Subscriptions - Add option to remove screenshot

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, the Preview image option did not affect the picture in the upper left corner of the subscription email.Please take a look at the differences according to the below screenshots:

2.24.choose Preview.PNG

2.24.donot choose Preview.PNG

But as the document said, Power Bi has implemented this feature for premium reports .Please check.

Refer to

Subscriptions - remove attachments

Subscribe - E-mail Image Size

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Eyelyn, now I see what "Preview image" does. However I would like to get rid of an .png attatchment. Is there any way to do that?
Bez tytułu.png 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

IF that still happens I would log a support ticket

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What I have found is if it is not working, I will then delete the subscription and create it again, maybe that will work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for a suggestion! Unfortunately it already happened in two different subscriptions of the same report. One had this setting turned on at the beggining and then turned off. Second had it turned off oryginally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors