Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscription recipient query dependent

Hello,

I am building a report which contains information for a subset of people in my organization, however, not everyone in the organization needs to see the report, and those that need to see the report will change. Is there a way to change the recipients of the report based on the output of the query and the dataset?

An example might be to congratulate the top 10 sellers of a particular product if the dataset contained the email address of the top seller? 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

I guess you might be facing issue in submitting idea due to it being disabled by tenant admin. You can clarify this with the tenant admin and tell them to give permission !
I don't think this is possible even in Premium.

You can check the known issues of Power BI here but i don't think this is an issue, this is rather a functionality not provided in Power BI as yet.

Also, if i answered your original query, kindly share kudos and mark it as a solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

For your requirement, what I can think of is dynamic RLS with USERPRINCIPLENAME() to restrict who can see report content. 

Please refer to: Dynamic Row Level Security (Dynamic RLS)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

That's an interesting idea but that's not necessarily what I'm looking for. Right now I'm using a mailmerge to send out notifications to "delinquent users" (those who do not submit readings from the equipment at their location). The mailmerge is based on an SQL query that's output into an excel sheet that uses word to connect and send out emails to one of the fields. I'm tyring to replace that with Power BI, such that, only those that show up on the report get the email. I don't need to restrict people from seeing it as the report can be available always to every user, but I only want to notify those that are on the list so that they can get their readings submitted.

Thank you,

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't think conditional or output-dependent change of recipients is permitted right now in Power BI.  The subscriptions in Power BI are quite basic and static at this moment.

This does seem to be a great idea though. You can submit this as an idea here so that this can be possibly made functionable in future. 

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I've been having trouble submitting ideas because it doesn't allow me to sign in to submit an idea. I'll keep trying though as I think that others may be looking for the same. 

I have heard that there may be a similar feature for the premium feature, however, I don't have premium at this point.

Thank you,

@Anonymous,

I guess you might be facing issue in submitting idea due to it being disabled by tenant admin. You can clarify this with the tenant admin and tell them to give permission !
I don't think this is possible even in Premium.

You can check the known issues of Power BI here but i don't think this is an issue, this is rather a functionality not provided in Power BI as yet.

Also, if i answered your original query, kindly share kudos and mark it as a solution 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors