Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscription not working properly

Hello,

I am just trying to subscribe to one report that i've just created, in order to receive an automatic mail every working day at 9.00 AM, but it is not working properly. Here is the configuration used:

- I am the owner of the report. 

- I have subscribed only company members with PBI license and read access to the report (and also myself)

- Weekly frequency with only working days selected (Monday to Friday selected)

- 9.00 AM. (UTC+1:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris. (my current location is Madrid)

- From 19/05/2019 to 19/05/2020.

With this configuration i usually receive an email around 11:30 but it is not an exact time. I've tried to change the scheduled time from 9.00 AM to 7.00 AM but then i receive the email at 7:30 AM.

If I Test the connection it works correctly sending the Test email at the exact moment.

¿Is this a bug? ¿How i can fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Please check this article to  get more details about how subscription works in Power BI and what are the limitations.

• When setting up your e-mail subscriptions, please keep in mind there is a delay between when the subscription job is started, and the exact time the e-mail is sent. To minimize the delay between the between when the job starts and the subsequent e-mail is sent, it is recommended you set up a different time for your scheduled data refresh than when your e-mail subscription is scheduled to run.

Reference:https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/e-mail-subscription-time-based-scheduling-now-available/

If it is not your case,you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could understand that en email can be delayed 5 minutes but not 3 o 4 hours (or 6 depending on the day), making impossible to predict when is going to be sent and when to refresh de data... I've just reported a new issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors