Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nschreck91

Subscription for BI Reports

Hello, I have a BI subscription currently set up to be sent out weekly. But when it sends out, the screen shot within the body of the email shows no data and has old dates from back in decemeber instead of the most recent data. Even after a refresh is performed. 
any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nschreck91 

If I understand correctly you subscribed yourself to have Power BI email you a screenshot of your report. Per the documentation:

Email subscriptions are sent with the report's default filter and slicer states. Any changes to the defaults that you make after subscribing don't show up in the email.

So I would assume that you had old date selected as default filters (the filters set in Power BI Desktop when the publisher published the report) and that means that today will never show. To confirm this click the reset filter button in the toolbar at the top of the report and see what it shows. Then talk to the report publisher and have them change the date filter to be an advanced filter of “on or after XXX date”

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nschreck91 

If I understand correctly you subscribed yourself to have Power BI email you a screenshot of your report. Per the documentation:

Email subscriptions are sent with the report's default filter and slicer states. Any changes to the defaults that you make after subscribing don't show up in the email.

So I would assume that you had old date selected as default filters (the filters set in Power BI Desktop when the publisher published the report) and that means that today will never show. To confirm this click the reset filter button in the toolbar at the top of the report and see what it shows. Then talk to the report publisher and have them change the date filter to be an advanced filter of “on or after XXX date”

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @nschreck91 ,

The best way to check email subscriptions is by refreshing the dataset and then hitting a 'run now' subscription and send the subscription to yourself.

If you are getting correct data while performing this, then everythin is correct but there is probably old data in dataset when subscription is triggered weekly.

If you see unexpected behavior of different data in report and subsctiption, then you can raise support ticket here.

Most of the data mismatch issues with subscriptions are due to dataset refreshes only.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Hello @Anand24 ,

The data has already been refreshed and showing correctly on the report itsself. The screenshot sent in the subscription email however, is not showing accurate date. its blank and show Decemeber in the date filter instead of August
PBI issue.PNG

@nschreck91 ,

This moreover seems to be a bug if you are getting proper data in report but not in email at the same time.

You should create a support ticket.

Hi there

Could I ask you when you pinned the tiles too the dashboard were they pinned from the report page where you were looking at data in December?

When pinning to the dashboard it will remember the filter state at the time it was pinned to the dashboard. This could be why it is always showing December.

Try pin a new item, then click on the "Run now" and see if it shows the updated data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors