Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

phchu1226
Helper IV
Helper IV

Subscription email not working after data refresh

Hi,

I set the scheduled refresh to be 7:30 am everyday and I set the frequency of subcribe to emails as 'After data refresh(once daily)'.

However, I do not receive any email this morning, what's the problem?

Information:

- the data refreshed successfully around 7:37 am and the dashboard is also refreshed

- this scheduled refresh is the first time today, it should not be violate the contraint of 'once daily'

- Pro account

Anyone can help? Thank you so much

Calvin

3 REPLIES 3
phchu1226
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi Henry,

Just tested again in these few days. 

I can receive the subcription emails everyday at ~7:40 except yesterday. 

Therefore, I think this issue should not be caused by the spam mails and peak period.

I do not change anything and the dataset is able to refresh everyday including yesterday.

The only thing is different is that I opened the dashboard on PowerBI service yesterday while the dataset should be refresh on that time (i.e. I were opening the dashboard on yesterday from ~00:00 to ~09:00 (afk) and the dataset should refresh at ~7:30 on schedule)

Do any timeout problem in PowerBI service if I opened the service and afk for a long time?

Is there any impact of sending subcription emails if I open the PowerBI service/view the dashboard when the dataset suppose to refresh?

*only talking the schedule refresh instead of manual refresh*

Best Regards,

Calvin

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @phchu1226 ,

Most of the reasons for this problem are as follows: first check whether the mailbox can receive emails normally, and secondly avoid subscription emails going to your spam folder.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1617340253188.png

It is also possible that the sending time of subscription emails is at a peak period, causing delays in acceptance. You may wish to change the time to the early morning of the local time and see the result.

v-henryk-mstf_1-1617340435380.png

If it is not the main reason for the above two points, please refer to the official documentation and may be able to help you. Considerations and troubleshooting

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

phchu1226
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can any Power BI expert help me? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors