Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

feedbackisagift
Frequent Visitor

Subscription Image Error - Image is not fully rendered

Hi, I have a dashboard that's made up of a couple of pinned live pages. When the subscription goes out, the image is useless because the snapshot generated does not show the live pages fully rendered. It's as if it is capturing the image too soon. Going back to pinned tiles is not a viable fix since it creates the need to maintain and replace tiles when there are updates which is untenable given that changes occur frequently. Can someone from Microsoft address the question as to why the image capture does not play nice with pinned live pages? It seems that a simple lag to allow complete rendering of those tiles would be a straightforward fix. Thanks, J

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

having a similar issue here, subscriptions displays everything except the card values rendering the image useless

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @feedbackisagift,

There are some considerations for subscription:

-For dashboard email subscriptions, if any tiles have row level security (RLS) applied, those tiles will not display. For report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses RLS you will not be able to create a subscription.

-Report page subscriptions are tied to the name of the report page. If you subscribe to a report page, and it gets renamed, you will have to re-create your subscription.

-Certain settings your organization may be configured in Azure Active Directory which may limit the ability to use e-mail subscriptions in Power BI. This includes, but isn't limited to, having multi-factor authentication or IP range restrictions when accessing resources.

-For email subscriptions on live connection datasets, you will only get emails when the data changes. So, if a refresh occurs but no data changes, Power BI will not send you an email.

-Email subscriptions do not support most custom visuals. The one exception is those custom visuals that have been certified.

-Email subscriptions do not support R-powered custom visuals at this time.

-If any dashboard tiles have row level security (RLS) applied, those tiles will not display. Email subscriptions are sent with the report's default filter and slicer states. Any changes to the defaults that you make after subscribing will not show up in the email.

-E-mail subscriptions are not yet supported on reports pages created by the Power BI Desktop live connect to service feature.

-For dashboard subscriptions specifically, certain types of tiles are not yet supported. These include: streaming tiles, video tiles, custom web content tiles.

-Subscriptions may fail on dashboards or reports with extremely large images due to email size limits.

-Power BI automatically pauses refresh on datasets associated with dashboards and reports that have not been visited in more than 2 months. However, if you add a subscription to a dashboard or report, it will not be paused even if it goes unvisited.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I checked each of those and none of them apply to my situation.

I used to have a bunch of tiles pinned, the issues started once I swapped them for live pages.  The live pages minimize the amount of upkeep.  I believe this is an issue in the routine that handles creating the image from the dashboard.  It's as if the image takes too soon vs. providing enough time for the visuals to load.

Is it possible to check on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors