Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Schindlercedric

Subscripion report is not synced with the synced slicer but PowerBI app shows is correct

Dear,

I created a report with on the first page a dropdown to select the week of the year we are in, with an overview of the worked hours in a specific week. On that first page I see all the technicians.

Then I created a second page with only data of a specific technician. So I set a filter on that page with only that technicians data being available.

I like to create this for all of the technicians in the company.

I have a premium account so I can share it with them trough a subscription.

In the PowerBI app all works fine. when I select week 48, I see week 48 on the second page too.

But on that second page there is a subscription running and there it goes wrong. 

The email we receive is never the correct week.

So nothing wrong in the report but in the subscription email and I don't know how to change this.

3 REPLIES 3
Schindlercedric

the slicer seems to remember the WEEK I selected when I created or when I update the report in the desktop version.

In the PowerBI app online the syncing works but I believe I need support from Microsoft to solve this.

Schindlercedric

Dear,

We have over 50 technicians. I have set up one lay out for all of them.

So if I would use the filter on the right side it is still a manual task.

With the slicer on the first page, syncing all other pages I only need to change the first page and the rest will follow. 

So working with the filters on the right wont help in this case.

But thank you for thinking with me.

For me it is not logic that the subscription is not printing what it sees at that moment.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Schindlercedric 

as far as I am aware this is because when sending out a subscription it does not store the slicer selections when the subscription is run.

What I would do, is to filter the report page with the filters on the right hand side and test the subscription then?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors