Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Clara
Advocate II
Advocate II

Subscribing to report with 'onmicrosoft.com' email

Hi,

I have my Power BI subscription set up under clara@[organization].onmicrosoft.com. When subscribing to a report, it doesn't let me use my personal email (@gmail.com) or my work email (@[organization].com) claiming that they do not belong in my organization.

I've tried logging into Outlook with my @[organization].onmicrosoft.com account, but Outlook says it doesn't exist. I've tried creating a new Outlook email with that name, but it says corporate emails aren't allowed.

Is it possible for me to:

1) Access my clara@[organization].onmicrosoft.com email account in any way?
2) Subscribe to a report using my personal (gmail.com) or work ([organization].com) emails?

Either option would be fine! I just really need these reports coming to my inbox every day.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Clara,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft Thanks, Dale! But I'm still working on it. I've managed to send out email alerts using Microsoft Flow (which, as you said, lets me send out *links* to external users as long as they have a pro account) just fine.

The remaining problem is that I would like to receive *snapshots* of the report (as per the subscription option) and email them to external users as well (i.e. my personal and work emails), so that even if they don't have pro accounts (and don't have access to the report itself) they could still receive some information on their data.

Is that currently possible in any way at all?

Hi @Clara,

I'm afraid we can't do that in Power BI. But there is a quite easy workaround. You can just forward the email to the proper recipients. They don't need any accounts. This is a basic function of almost all the email systems. They can get the message almost the same time with the first recipient.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, thank you 🙂 Too bad that would turn an automatic feature into a manual one, but I guess that's the best that could be done.

My actual problem is that I do not receive the reports myself, since they are being sent to clara@[myorganization].onmicrosoft.com, and that is not so much an email as it is a username. Therefore I'm still trying to figure out how to receive the reports myself 😕

Thank you for you input, though!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clara Were you ever able to get subscription e-mails sent to your non-onmicrosoft.com work e-mail?

I am having the same problem.

Thanks,

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Clara,

Regarding 1, as far as I know, that depends on your subscription. For example, I have Office 365 Enterprise E5 then I have the email account automatically. Please contact your IT admins.

Regarding 2, both emails can receive the sharing link which is a LINK. But you need a Pro account either for your personal email or your work email. Please refer to service-admin-azure-ad-b2b. I would suggest you invite the external users first. When you add the users in the report subscription, it looks like below.

Subscribing-to-report-with-onmicrosoft-com-email

Below is the email you will receive. Both works.

Subscribing-to-report-with-onmicrosoft-com-email2

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors