Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Saxon10
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Subscribe issues from BI service

Hi,

I put a subscription report page from Power BI service to user twice a day, one is morning at 10 clock and another one is evening at 5 clock.
Sometimes the report take a while to refresh the data set either morning or afternoon meanwhile the Power Bi service send a automatic email notifications to user during the data set refresh in progress mode so the user has old data visualisation in report page at the point of time.

My question is how can I avoid this situation and is there any alternative way to do it?

I want setup the automatic email notification to user once data set is completely refreshed?

Is that possible to achieve my requirements in power automate by using automatic cloud flow?

Could you please advise and Share the relevant article so I could refer it.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Saxon10,

In Power Automate periodically poll the Power BI API to inquire about the dataset refresh status. Please refer to the following document to see if it helps you.

Datasets - Get Refresh History  

(or the premium equivalent)

The refresh is complete when the first returned entry has an endTime value and a status other than "unknown".

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft ,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late response. Can you please help me how can I setup the dataset refresh status in power Bi? I don't know where I need start for dataset refresh. 

Hi @Saxon10 ,

Here are some related Documents. Please refer to .

Datasets - Refresh Dataset 

Datasets - Get Refresh Execution Details 

Asynchronous refresh with the Power BI REST API (Preview) 

Hope there are  useful for you.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft, Thanks for your reply and sharing the documents. I can't see the try it option at my side so is there any additional tool need to be install in order to get options? I don't know anything about BI RESET API. Can you please guide further.

Sorry for the late response. 

Hi @Saxon10 ,

"Try It" feature be disabled on every pages in PBI REST API has been confirmed as an active known issue

vpollymsft_0-1653357591365.png

A temporary alternative solution is to use postman.

Get access token first, then you can call Power BI Rest API in postman by this token.

For reference: Power BI REST API using postman - generate embed token.

Best Regards

@v-rongtiep-msft

Thanks for your reply and sharing the alternative option. I will update the feedback to you ASAP.

Thank you. 

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@ribisht17,

@Thanks for your reply but the mentioned link is not resolve my problem.

My requirements is - I am trying to send a email after data is completely refreshed in power bi service through power automate steps. 

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Saxon10 ,

Are you using this option only Solved: Subscription only once when data is refreshed - Microsoft Power BI Community

Only when data is refreshed ?

Regards,

Ritesh

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am aware that option but no more than once per day. My actual requirement minimum 4 times per day after date is refreshed. Power BI premium service has more options? 

Snapshot of the frequency 

16527332956492106494564454354418.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors