Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amos1992

Struggling to get Visuals to Interact with Eachother

Hi All,

I've been struggling with this all day. Here is a screenshot of my dashboard and I can't get the Treemap to filter the table below. I've tried using measures, two way relationships etc. to no avail. You can see in the screenshot that I'm filtering on the number of new accounts but it doesn't affect the table at the bottom. Any ideas why that might be? Both tables are linking using account numbers so in theory it should filter through but doesn't.

The only thing I can think of is that the Values being compared in the Treemap are from two different tables but that's just a guess? If any more details are needed give me a shout.

Amos1992_0-1597182945865.png

Many thanks,
Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amos1992 ,

There are mainly 2 factors due to which filtering might not be happening:

1. No relationship between fields of both visuals

2. Treemap to Table Filtering disabled from Edit Interactions

You will need to check the below in such scenario:

1. Relationship must exist between the fields/dataset used in treemap and fields/dataset used in table

2. Take a new table viz for verifying if relationship exists: Pull all the fields from treemap viz and table viz; Now apply visual level filter and check whether filtering is happening

If yes, then relationship exists;

Delete the sample table created in this step later.

3. Make sure the field in treemap's Group has relationship with at least 1 field used in table

4. Check the interaction from Format -> Edit Interaction and confirm if treemap is filtering table or not.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amos1992 ,

There are mainly 2 factors due to which filtering might not be happening:

1. No relationship between fields of both visuals

2. Treemap to Table Filtering disabled from Edit Interactions

You will need to check the below in such scenario:

1. Relationship must exist between the fields/dataset used in treemap and fields/dataset used in table

2. Take a new table viz for verifying if relationship exists: Pull all the fields from treemap viz and table viz; Now apply visual level filter and check whether filtering is happening

If yes, then relationship exists;

Delete the sample table created in this step later.

3. Make sure the field in treemap's Group has relationship with at least 1 field used in table

4. Check the interaction from Format -> Edit Interaction and confirm if treemap is filtering table or not.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

In order for the visuals to interact there has to be a relationship between the tables if you want the visuals to interact.

Or the values from a single table would need to exist in both the treemap and table?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors