Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ccarpent
Helper IV
Helper IV

Streamline how data is collected

Hello

I am curreny using Power BI, I use various data sourecs for example from your box standard folder loaction which looks at excel or CSV files, to using several SQL Views to collect data for my reports. 

I know Power BI is able to access many formats/sites to get information but I was wonder if there was a way to allow a user to send or present new data to PowerBI which then triggers an update to a report/dahsboard etc.    I am desinging a finacial report which relies on our accounts providng a revised a budegt amount, this will be a regular occurance and from more than one user.  Is there a means for a person or Power BI to acknwoldge there is new data without me having to refresh that report?

The majority of my data is accessed by looking at a local drive, should I be asking about something simailr to Azure service maybe? 

I have no knowledge in this area unforatunately so forgive me if I am not quoting the right techincal terms here.

I am just wanting to make the user imput very streamline and go unnoticed, rather than having load then refresh a folder or file to allow a report to be updated.

Is there a way to automate this process or steps?

Many thanks for your help.

Chris Carpenter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ccarpent - You can manually initiate a refresh from the Service or setup automatic schedule refreshes.

You could also create a Power Automate maybe coupled with a Power App that kicks off the refresh.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ccarpent - You can manually initiate a refresh from the Service or setup automatic schedule refreshes.

You could also create a Power Automate maybe coupled with a Power App that kicks off the refresh.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Cheers

Will take a look.

chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors