Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Streaming hickups

I demo streaming (all variants...streaming, push etc) a lot and 30% of the time I end up in Siruis situation at the Data Insights Summit yestetday (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIBHfgasok). "Hmm, that's weird, you have to trust me - it should move". It's not network issues. Is anyone else experiencing this and have any solutions to share. I've had st least a hundred demos and it's nerve wracking every time, to say the least.
2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous I experianced this same issue last week and the week before on a streaming set I previously had no issues with. Luckily I didn't have an issue when presenting at the Community Theater at the Summit... The ironic thing is I believe Sirui owns that...

If you have a Pro license, maybe see if you can get an answer by submitting a support ticket via the Support Site.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Since it's very erratic it's hard to open a ticket. I was just checking to see if others are experiencing this as well. I've read up on the various streaming modes, have tried to narrow it down and I guess the redis option is less flakey (although it was the was the one Sirui had probs with). It would be great to have some logging knobs to turn here for debugging. We're just blind when it happens. Perhaps the team can coach us how to proceed? Worth open a ticket for? It will be more or less the content of this conversation as it works 10 times and fails the next, often in a demo. I've found that keeping a realtime dashboard open for a long time causes it to fail more easily so I try to restart all sessions. However, now I find I'm suffering from a warm up where it takes long for it to start. It's really not pleasant at all to demo real time...

Thanks for sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors