Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HernyB
Frequent Visitor

Streaming dataset with "Historic Data Analysis" enabled is suddenly empty

Hi all,

I have created two streaming datasets, one with the option "Historical Data Analysis" enabled, and the other one without. Both of them are successfully configured, inasmuch two tiles in the same dashboard show me the pushed data in both.

Nevertheless, if I try to create a report using the dataset with the 'Historical Data Analysis' (listed as hybrid dataset in the service), it is suddenly empty. I tried to edit the dataset, disabling and enabling the "Historical Data Analysis" option, however, it seems not working properly. 

Can someone help me to solve this issue? Is there any further option to be enabled? I have a pro license in the case.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HernyB ,

when Historic data analysis is enabled, the dataset created becomes both a streaming dataset and a push dataset. It allow you to build report upon the push dataset. Do you mean the report come empty after you edit report and add visual into report? Can you see the data when you edit this report?

For more details, you can refer to the following articles.

Power BI REST API limitations

Real-time streaming in Power BI

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lid-msft ,

exactly, you made the point. The report is empty when I edit it or add a visual into it, and I cannot see any data. If I try to add a card visual into it and use the numeric field (default aggregation sum), the result is blank.

I followed a number of examples and checked the links you provided, but the situation is not changed. The same dataset, with historical analysis enabled, behaves correctly if use it to nourish a tile of a dashboard, and I am able to see the pushed data (I am pushing 1 row about every 7 second, certainly within the API limitations).

It seems that the "historical data analysis" option is enabled but in reality the pushed data is not stored.

Best Regards

Hi @HernyB ,

Based on my test, it is blank but after refresh the report, it get value on my side.

14.PNG15.PNG

If you still have problem after refresh the report, We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket (1).gif

Best regards,

Thank you @v-lid-msft ,

I tried again to generate a report based on the hybrid dataset and to refresh it, however, it does not get data. 

I will open a ticket to the support to gain further insights on the issue. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors