Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

[Streaming Data] Which es the best way to push data without custom app?

Hi everyone, I am running what is new in power bi for me, streaming project. I read documentation about the types the tool can succed and I definitly need PUSH DATA. My customer is asking to be able to create reports/measures and doesn't want a custom app to push.

My investigation says I only have two ways, streaming analytics and microsoft flow. Is there another possibility?

Can anyone tell me the difference or best approach to this? Does any of the technologies have limitations?

Regards,

P/D I didn't know if it is here were streaming questions should be, but couldn't find better place.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ibarrau

Once you have created a streaming dataset, it does show you examples where you can use C#, Curl or PowerShell.

What I did in the past was to create a PowerShell script that got the required data and pushed it into the Power BI Streaming dataset.

Then what I did was to schedule the running of the PowerShell script, so it would then push the data into the Streaming dataset.

This just required some working knowledge of PowerShell.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ibarrau

Once you have created a streaming dataset, it does show you examples where you can use C#, Curl or PowerShell.

What I did in the past was to create a PowerShell script that got the required data and pushed it into the Power BI Streaming dataset.

Then what I did was to schedule the running of the PowerShell script, so it would then push the data into the Streaming dataset.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ibarrau

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @GilbertQ,

In this case, Can i use web api datasource to create a streaming dataset.  Like i want to get data from web api using powershell script and push that data to streaming dataset.? I have no idea how streaming dataset works.

Hi there

This documentation should get you on your way.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

Also once you have created the streaming dataset, there are PowerShell examples that you can use to test.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors