Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Streaming Dashboard Tiles only updating 1x a minute

I have a streaming dataset that I've used all throughout April that runs a demo from my local machine without any issue. I would turn it on or off, and live data would instantly be passed to my dashboard tiles.

Today when making final touches on a presentation I enabled the stream again and noticed that all my streaming tiles are not updating as expected. If I refresh the page, I see the new data. Otherwise, it only updates once every minute, and most times leaves a gap and just shoves the data over without showing me the latest data points. 1x a minute refreshing isn't streaming...

I've tried creating new dashboard tiles, changing the duration of tracking, and nothing is working.

I'm assuming this is unexpected behaviour, please let me know what other things I can try or if there is something wrong.

Thanks.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-qiuyu-msft Thank you for the response. I was able to work through and show what was happening to a different MSFT resource. My tenant is out of CHI, IL. There must have been something going on related to that datacenter, as my issues were specific to my area. They ended up resolving near the end of the day.

Things are working as expected now, thank you.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

Glad to hear the issue was gone. I will mark your reply as an answer to close this thread.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft Thank you for the response. I was able to work through and show what was happening to a different MSFT resource. My tenant is out of CHI, IL. There must have been something going on related to that datacenter, as my issues were specific to my area. They ended up resolving near the end of the day.

Things are working as expected now, thank you.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

I have tested on my Power BI service which located in East US 2 (Virginia), the tile streaming update automatically. Where did your Power BI locate?

q3.PNG

I have tested two stream datasets, one is Example of using real time streaming in Power BI, another is Azure Stream Analytics job push data from TelcoGenerator.zip sample in this Stream Analytics and Power BI: A real-time analytics dashboard for streaming data. I would suggest you test one of those two steam datasets to check if the issue related to your stream dataset.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors