Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maydaymiao
Frequent Visitor

Stream Analytics Job Data Does Not Appear Under Streaming Datasets of PowerBi

Hello All,

I have a program that keeps sending data to Azure event hub and the format follows PowerBi streaming which is

"data = '[{{ "timestamp": "{0}", "temperature": "{1:0.1f}", "pressure": "{2:0.1f}" }}]'.format(now, temp, pressure)"

In Azure, there is a stream analytics job running, the input is event hub and output is blob storage & power bi. Below is the query,

SELECT 
timestamp, 
avg("temperature") as Temperature,
avg("pressure") as Pressure 
INTO
[henkelapacbi] 
FROM
[henkelapachub] 
GROUP BY
timestamp,
TUMBLINGWINDOW(second,5);

Just couple of weeks ago, the dataset can be automatically generated under streaming datasets of Power Bi, and in the dashbaord, I can click "Add tile", in real time data I can select that dataset and able to see the live time streaming in the line chart or gauge.

However, I stopped the streaming data for some days and today I started again, I found the dataset does not go to "streaming datasets" tab, which I cannot make real time data display in dashboard. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

1.jpg

Capture11.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@maydaymiao @stathopi Please check this blog: Announcing Private Preview of Azure Stream Analytics Outputting to Power BI Streaming Datasets.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
webermat

I'm facing the same poblem. When I create the connection in stream analytics, the dataset is not going to be created in power bi. Does anyone has a solution for that?

stathopi

Any news on that? We are phasing the same issue...

Not yet, the problem is just couple of weeks ago, it worked in streaming datasets. But now, it never went to there.

@maydaymiao @stathopi Please check this blog: Announcing Private Preview of Azure Stream Analytics Outputting to Power BI Streaming Datasets.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun, Thanks for the reply, I reviewed the blog you attached and I understand the process. However, the current issue from my side is the dataset does not generate under "Streaming Datasets" of Power Bi Embeded, but just generate as a normal dataset. But just a few weeks ago, it worked as streaming dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors