Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheKnall
Frequent Visitor

Stream Analytics Datetime format resets for Power BI Streaming dataset

Hi

I have encountered a strange behavior that might have something to do with  the output of a stream analytics job to Power BI. We have created an output job in Stream Analytics, that publishes to Power BI streaming dataset.  The job creates a Power Bi streaming dataset and the default format for datetime becomes a text field.  By going into the dataset (after created) and changing the format from text to Datetime fixes the problem. But when a  SAjob is stoped and started again the format goes back to a test field again. (I think it overwrites the dataset)

The vaule for Datetime that I am sending is in "2020-01-08T14:44:36Z". This is the same as the example that is shown as an example when you manualy create a new streaming dataset i Power BI service. I suspect that we maybe need to change the Datetime format to dropp the timezone...

So the question again is, how can we make the format permanent on the Streaming dataset.

Any ideas?

Thx for all replys.

3 REPLIES 3
SimonLT

Hello everyone, 

is there already a solution for this problem? I need help with this too.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Simon

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheKnall ,

I also agree with you, maybe the data set is overwrited.

Maybe ypu can Create support ticket 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There might be a bug in MS Stream. This kind of bug generally occurs in MS Stream. You can contact the support team and raise a ticket they can help you with exact solution.

Regards,

Lewis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors