Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Garlan

Store different credentials for Google Analytics

Hi everyone,

I have two different pbix files that work fine with each a different connection to Google Analytics through the built-in connector. But once I upload both to the service then the credentials get merged and only the last one uploaded is kept which makes it impossible to refresh both.

If I download both pbix from the service I see that they both connect to a single Google email address. This is why the error message is the following, the report in error can connect but with the wrong email address and can't find the tables needed.

2019-07-25_16h14_40.pngIs there a way to separate the credentials or to parameterize them with the built-in connector ?

3 REPLIES 3
floressdiego
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, 

Is this problem still a thing? I am having the same trouble, I have 2 different GA credentials and one forbids the other one from refreshing.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Garlan 

You could refer to this similar post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-I-add-two-google-analytics-to-power-bi/td-p/18797

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for your answer. Sadly I saw that post and I think it refers to multiple website for a single email address.

In my case I have a report that uses address1@gmail.com to get GA data for one website. If I upload it to the service it works fine.

Then I created another report that uses address2@gmail.com to get GA data for another website. If I upload it to the service it works fine but then the first report doesn't work anymore as it uses address2@gmail.com as well and cannot find the first website.

If I go to the credentials for dataset of the first report I can change to address1@gmail.com for it to work but then the second report won't work anymore as it will use address1@gmail.com as well.

I guess a solution would be to create a custom datasource with M query but I'd like to avoid that since both report work fine on their own.

Best wishes,

Hugo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors