Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeBIe
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Standardize Excel Formulas in PBI

Hello Guys, I would like to know if it is possible to do the following;

I have a set of data in Excel. In Excel I add around 25 columns with Excel-Formulas. I don't see an easy way or an appropriate way to make this happen in PBI with a few columns or measures. If I upload the Excel dataset to PBI and do the formulas in the online environment once, would I be able to upload a new dataset (same structure) the next time, and would it apply all the formulas for me again?

Thank you for your time. 

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @DeBIe,

When you get data from excel to power bi, these raw data fields which calculated based on excel dax formula, they are been fixed as static values instead of calculation expressions. (the refresh on power bi side only take the last data from your excel file, these formulas not triggered or calculated when refreshing operations)

Current power bi only supports to import SSAS tabular model data and calculation expression fields at the same time with live connection mode.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors