Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sd782
Frequent Visitor

Spotlight - is this a new feature in power bi service that i just saw ?

Hi All,

I just came across a new feature called Spotlight (Torch symbol) on PBI Service, where i was able to pick a visual and bring it to the fore front while all the other visuals on the report page go into the background. I was not able to find any documentation on it.

is this a new feature or did i just discover something that was around for long ?

pbi_spotlight.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@sd782 New Feature. Sometimes they show up in the Service right before the launch of the announcement. Nice find 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am fairly new to Power Bi and still going through a learning process.

Speaking of spotlight, does any of you know how to spotlight only one category/dimension within a chart?

I am trying to highlight my company's performance out of the overall market by finding a way to make it eye-catching when they come across the page.

Thank you in advance for your help!

@sd782 New Feature. Sometimes they show up in the Service right before the launch of the announcement. Nice find 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Cool thanks !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors