Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Source connection from PBI Service

Hello community,

I've a pretty specific case. I'd like to create a data refresh for my customer. Therefore, we've set up a gateway and everything works fine within the service. Now, I need to change the data connection in my local report file via PBI Desktop. But from my development computer, I haven't access to my clients on-premise data source, but the PBI service has!

I changed the connection settings in Power Query in the advanced editor. I saved the file and clicked on "apply changes later". Than I've uploaded my report and tried to configure the data source refresh settings. But it still has the old connection information...

Do you have any solution for my very issue? How can I solve this without connection to customers on-premise systems?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which on-premises data source you are trying to connect in Power BI? Excel, SQL Server or other data source? Which information need to be changed for data connection? Could you please provide the related screenshots(mask the sensitive data) about your implementation steps in Power BI Desktop? Before that, please make sure you selected "Close & Apply" to apply these new changes in your models after change the data connection setting.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors