Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lassuied
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sort A to Z impossible

Hello, 

I am having an issue with sorting an axis for my chart... It is sorted by default Z to A and when I click it again it changes the sorting for amounts ... I cannot have my months to start by 01 like I use to... is it a desktop bug?

Thank you !

default sort.PNGdefault sort 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lassuied
Advocate I
Advocate I

For information, I tried it on an older version from a coworker and it's working perfectly fine. The newer version has a bug.

Thank you for your help !

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue as well. 

I am unable to achieve a sort of A to Z on any Chart features.... only Z-A works. 

This appears to be from the May 2018 update.  

Sort.png

lassuied
Advocate I
Advocate I

For information, I tried it on an older version from a coworker and it's working perfectly fine. The newer version has a bug.

Thank you for your help !

swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I opened an issue about this.  Please go vote it up so Microsoft is aware of the problem. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Cannot-Select-A-gt-Z-Sorting-in-Chart-Visualizations-May-201...

Thanks for letting us know

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lassuied,

Maybe you can try to add a category column for current group, then modify 'sort by column' properties to change its sort order.

Sort by column in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Xiaoxin, 

I am just trying to report a bug from a newer version of Power BI. I was  able to do this sorting before with no issue. Now I cannot do it anymore.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, first question is your COD_Period column data type set to Whole Number?

If it is, then when you want to change the Sort Order, you actually have to click on the Z to A on the actual icon, and not on the name for it to then sort A to Z

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello ! Thank you for your reply, the months are not stored as numbers (because I need the 0 as first character between January and September).

What I do not understand is that I've never had the issue before, when I was clicking on A to Z it was sorted Z to A and when clicking on Z to A it went back to A to Z ... 

I aslo have the same issue for amounts ... Something changed in the new desktop version... Below is a screenshot of a chart made few month ago ...  Now if I am trying to sort by month it messes up everything ... I am just trying to report a bug ... 

example.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors