Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

greggirard

Sorry, we couldn't find that report

Someone is trying to share a report with me from an external source. They have shared this report with other external users and they can all view it ok. When I try to view the report from the email link I get error message:-

Sorry, we couldn't find that report

It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it.

I am not sure why this report cannot be shared with me but exact same report can be shared with other users?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

28 REPLIES 28
Nari1998
Helper II
Helper II

Hi all,

I have recently had someone reporting this issue.

How can this be resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem over here...I have 2 clients working at the same organization, Bob and John with identical licences. 

Bob is able to open the report, but John doesn't and gets the same message instead. 

Any clue?

Thanks,

KBO
MVP

Sounds like a licensing problem 😉 https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/power-bi/service-admin-licensing-organization
Best,

Kathrin

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @greggirard ,

Please refer to this topic and see if it helps.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Sorry-we-couldn-t-find-that-dashboard/td-p/8031/page/2.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

We are both Power BI Pro users.

Thanks

Greg

Which datasource?
Best,
Kathrin

Hi Kathrin,

Do you mean what is the data source the sender is using (sorry fairly new to PowerBI) I think its excel files.

I could get him to share the report with you if that helped if you PM your email address?

Thanks

Greg

Also you can go to this link and take a look: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/power-bi/service-share-dashboards Best, Kathrin

Hi,

I added a PowerBI Pro licences to another user in my organisation and they are able to see the reports with the same settings as me 

It looks like my username must have something wrong with it. I did originally have a free power bi license so not sure if something has been confused and since my free licence would of expired my paid licence is not getting picked up?

Thanks

Greg

Hi @greggirard ,

you need a Pro License to share a report and to consume a report, If your not in a Premium Capacity (consum only) :).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi,

Yes I understand that I have 2 power BI pro licnces one that works for another user in my organisation and one that doesnt work for me.

I am trying to state that it could possibley be due to me previously haviung a free licnces and the power BI not updating if that makes sense.

Thanks

Greg

Hi @greggirard ,

interessting question. But if it is the same email adress then why would the license not working... may be try to republish and share it again with the account which have the pro license.

Best,

Kathrin

DDPAC
Frequent Visitor

Good morning,

I have the same problem.
In my organization all users have pro licenses and I shared a dashboard with external users and one of them can’t see the content.
My co-worker is the just one that receive a message:
“Sorry, we couldn't find that report.
It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it. ”

I just try to remove the acess and re-share, I also share the link directly but it never works.
I also try share other dashboard but the result is the same.
It seems that he has a problem with the license, because it’s the only person that can't see the dashboard.

Please what I have to do?

Thanks

DDPAC
Frequent Visitor

Good morning,

Can anybody help me about these subject?

Thanks

Hi @DDPAC ,

have you checked the setting of your tenant? 🙂

share.jpg

Best,

Kathrin

DDPAC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @KBO,

Can you tell me where I can setting this?

For the other users I didn't change any settings.

Thanks

Hi @DDPAC ,

in the Admin portal - go to app.powerbi.com - right upper corner - three dots - Settings - Admin Portal - Attention: you need Admin rights for Power BI.

Best,

Kathrin

DDPAC
Frequent Visitor

Ok.

I don't have nothing there to configure.

DDPAC_0-1600177718883.png

Hi @DDPAC ,

than you should find someone who has the persmission to do this. (Power BI Admin or Global Admin) 🙂

Best,

Kathrin

DDPAC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @KBO ,

I am the Admin of the account.

The problem should be other, because the other users that has the same dashboard can see the content.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors