cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BM Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sorry we could not find that report

I have sucessfully published a report but when I go to look at it I get the message:

'Sorry we could not find that report

it may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it.'

I can see a report that a colleague has produced and ones that I produced a while ago

12 REPLIES 12
MikaelS Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sorry we could not find that report

I have the same issue every time I open up powerbi.com. Makes demo'ing how easy it is to login etc a bit tricky...

error.jpg

alan_t Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I invited a colleague in my company (same email domain) to view a Dashboard. He recieved the email invite, can see the Dashboard but when he click s on a tile to open a Report he gets the

Sorry, we could not find that report error message

Its like When you share you are sharing a dashoboard but not the underlying report!

What is the cause of this issue?

ankitpatira Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@BM @MikaelS @alan_t

I would think this error would come up if someone has shared dashbaord with you and then while you accessing it, it has been removed by the owner.

alan_t Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Theproblem is that I'm the one doing the sharing, and the report is still there, for me at least.

alan_t Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sorry we could not find that report. It may have been deleted or you do not have access

Ok I found the issue. Initially I created a dashboard and added to it a tile to allow the user to click that tile which would then launch a report. The tile had a URL I had pasted from the report. When other users clicked on the tile they get the Sorry Canot access report error.

The solution is to not use the tile. Instead I created a card on the report that was essentially blank and pinned it to the Dashboard. It then appears on the dashboard and when clicked brings up the report for everyone.

AbhisheshP Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Did you find any solution ?

error.jpg

alexpericleous Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Any update on how to prevent the error appearing, without the (helpful) workaround stated in this thread? I would expect a Tile with a URL to the Report should work fine and not produce this error...

alexpericleous Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Any update on how to prevent the error appearing, without the (helpful) workaround stated in this thread? I would expect a Tile with a URL to the Report should work fine and not produce this error...

Super User IV
Super User IV

Hi @BM, I also had a similar issue and did the following in my blog post below which resolved the error.

It might be of assistance?

Power BI – Error – Sorry, we couldn’t find that report (When opening a link from an annotated email ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors