Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BM

Sorry we could not find that report

I have sucessfully published a report but when I go to look at it I get the message:

'Sorry we could not find that report

it may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it.'

I can see a report that a colleague has produced and ones that I produced a while ago

12 REPLIES 12
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @BM, I also had a similar issue and did the following in my blog post below which resolved the error.

It might be of assistance?

Power BI – Error – Sorry, we couldn’t find that report (When opening a link from an annotated email ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@BM @MikaelS @alan_t

I would think this error would come up if someone has shared dashbaord with you and then while you accessing it, it has been removed by the owner.

Theproblem is that I'm the one doing the sharing, and the report is still there, for me at least.

alan_t
Frequent Visitor

Ok I found the issue. Initially I created a dashboard and added to it a tile to allow the user to click that tile which would then launch a report. The tile had a URL I had pasted from the report. When other users clicked on the tile they get the Sorry Canot access report error.

The solution is to not use the tile. Instead I created a card on the report that was essentially blank and pinned it to the Dashboard. It then appears on the dashboard and when clicked brings up the report for everyone.

MikaelS
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue every time I open up powerbi.com. Makes demo'ing how easy it is to login etc a bit tricky...

error.jpg

hi there!!!

does anyone know how to solve the problem?  I have the same error

"Sorry, we couldn't find that report

It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it."

according to my colleague, she can see the details of the report.  please help,  thanks!

hello!  I have this same problem.  would anyone know how to solve it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue and contacted Microsoft. There is a bug when you share dashboards with free users for the first time. You need to share the dashboard, have them sign up for Power BI Pro Trial or get a Pro License, then cancel the invite and resend it.

I've lodged a ticket with Microsoft but the Customer Service Representative I got insists this is by design (if this is true, it's very poor design if you ask me).

Please upvote my Issue ticket if you are having issues with this and want to get this fixed as well:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Need-to-quot-Cancel-Invite-quot-and-reshare-dashboard-when/i...

Did you find any solution ?

error.jpg

Hi all,

Any update on how to prevent the error appearing, without the (helpful) workaround stated in this thread? I would expect a Tile with a URL to the Report should work fine and not produce this error...

Hi all,

Any update on how to prevent the error appearing, without the (helpful) workaround stated in this thread? I would expect a Tile with a URL to the Report should work fine and not produce this error...

I invited a colleague in my company (same email domain) to view a Dashboard. He recieved the email invite, can see the Dashboard but when he click s on a tile to open a Report he gets the

Sorry, we could not find that report error message

Its like When you share you are sharing a dashoboard but not the underlying report!

What is the cause of this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors